The recommendations that the user should follow are:
- Show up 20 minutes before the time of your appointment with the following documents:
- Submit a medical order authorized by the insurer (EPS).
- Submit invoice of the requested examination (granted at the hospital´s admissions).
It is also important:
Consider the sampling schedule: Monday to Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Delivery of results: Monday to Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
1. Taking blood samples
- Avoid stress before and during sampling.
- Do not do strenuous physical exercises 1 day before taking the sample.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 8 hours before taking the sample.
- Do not smoke 8 hours before taking the sample.
- If the patient is taking any medication, please inform the name of the medication and the dosage.
2. Taking of Urine test
- Perform prior cleaning of the genitals before obtaining the sample.
- The ideal sample is the first urine in the morning. Discard the first voiding part and collect the sample without stopping the urinary flow filling the cup to a little more than half.
- Open the cup only until the moment of the collection of the sample.
- While collecting the urine sample, keep the vulvar labia separated (women) and the foreskin removed (men).
- Close the cup tightly and mark the sample.
3. Important aspects when marking samples
- Remember to mark the samples with complete names and surnames, age, identity document and date of collection of the sample.
- In case you require any particular examination or if you have questions regarding the sample taking, contact the hospitals' laboratory.